Blaze Cineworks specializes in business planning and development for film and theater clients that have an interest in digital cinema in practically any form it takes. This includes flat screens, domes, 2D/3D/4D, institutional & commercial sectors, and for most functions – including content development, distribution, and exhibition.
The Blaze Approach
- This is a nimble consultancy that moves quickly from conception, to planning, activation, and revenue generation.
- Every assignment is approached by embracing strategy, planning carefully, and executing with the precision of a good project manager.
- Active client consultation is a part of every project, yet little client supervision is necessary.
- We are creative problem-solvers and enjoy the challenge of ‘starting from scratch’.
Who We Are
Blaze’s founder and principal consultant is Paul Fraser.
Paul is a true “intrapreneur” with global experience. Prior to starting Blaze in 2006, he held a series of new C-level or SVP positions whose mandates were to develop a new business unit and new products or services. He has embraced new media technologies and led multidisciplinary teams to build brands and increase their revenue, often ‘from scratch’.
Before founding Blaze, his leadership of new business initiatives included:
- Film: Distribution and production of 15/70 documentary films. Two film projects were nominated for Academy Awards®, one of which became the only film ever made for IMAX®/giant-screen theaters to win.
- Theaters: Development and operation of IMAX and other giant-screen theaters, in commercial and museum settings.
- Location-based entertainment and cultural attractions: Business development for technology-driven marketing services.
- Interactive media: Executive production of Web & wireless content & applications.
Not only has he successfully led new business initiatives within billion-dollar, public companies, Paul has a great deal of experience with high-growth, early-stage companies, including “start-ups within start-ups”. With early career grounding as a Brand Manager at Procter & Gamble, and later developing new businesses for IMAX Corporation (e.g. the original owned & operated theaters circuit, for which he initiated the first marketing of IMAX as a consumer brand; instigating the first-ever feature-length IMAX film, “Rolling Stones at the Max”), and for Ogden Entertainment (its new Large Format (IMAX) Film & Theater group), Paul’s successes come from taking a collaborative and strategic approach.
Please note: Blaze is not a cinema equipment supplier and has never accepted compensation from one.